Thursday, June 12, 2008

Footwear

Welcome aboard Alex.

My vote is for trainers / runners. I've used them for the 100k TW, K2K, 3Pks and everything else. Makes you light on your feet and you expend less energy. Boots kill me. Just make sure they have some decent tread left on them for both grip and cushioning purposes.

I did Mt Cloudmaker return with my mate, Josef, last year. I (strongly) suggested trainers were the order of the day, but he went with boots and was crippled by them (literally). Clare's Trailwalker team are all in trainers or trail running shoes.

I've just purchased some Brooks trail runners. They have a good reputation - however my verdict is still out. Have had some hot spots but no blisters after a 50k trail run/walk. I put Vaseline on for long walks and think a change or two of socks will be well worth the weight.

cheers Karl

No comments: